The One Nation Caucus has today a statement setting out recommendations for the Chancellor’s Spending Review on Wednesday.
The Statement, available in full here and taking recommendations from the Caucus’ recent series of One Nation Recovery Papers, calls for the Government to:
- Maintain the UK’s 0.7% spending target on international aid;
- Expand the Pupil Premium to include an additional “catch up” element;
- Support and extend the Opportunity Areas Scheme;
- Accelerate their commitment to spend £2.3 billion on mental health by 2023/24, and instead aim to reach this target in the next financial year;
- Introduce new Economic Development Zones;
- Create a Fourth Industrial Revolution Emerging Technologies Adoption Fund;
- Increase the funds available and work with the private sector to speed the roll out of superfast broadband;
- Extend the New Enterprise Allowance scheme for the next two financial years;
- Design a new consumer right to prevent loyalty penalties; and
- Create a ‘Bounce Back Loan Company’.